I’ve come to realize I constantly neglect my blog whenever I find myself indulging in some kind of “activity” which leaves me feeling really lethargic.Ummm….yes some “activity”!!!hehe….some games of Lies & Tales & Tell…..ok whatever it is I don’t wanna elaborate here…..
It has been such a long while since I updated any happenings to I, Me & Myself and I dunno where I should exactly start.
Ummm……ok,I’ve been doing quite a bit of shopping,eh basically for entertainment sake and probably some for a newly added family member(not mine....she's my Bro-in-law's),Princess Clara Ong.Ohhh….she’s such a adorable pretty darling,I love her tiny mouth when she yawns….
Clara caught in a camera-Shocked!!!
I added a new entertainment gadget,Wii, which Liyan Meimei,Lili and Mel got them too and I’m still waiting for that Wii party among us to happen*meimei I hope you read this* though I’m sure it would be without Mel*boohoo,left to freeze in the Brit*.Got a new iphone which was ok,F.O.C(so im not guilty of exactly buying it)…somehow this phone kind of amuse and entertainment me quite abit when I can’t get to sleep, sitting on the car as John drives and most of the time updating myself on FB.**seems like I didn’t exactly do a lot of shopping anyway**
But the G.S.S is here to come and pay day has juz past!!!Wheeee…..(I was writing about this shopping urge at the same time having a MSN dialogue with Nip discussing if we should meet in our dreamzzz to Paragon for a shopping spree…Hehehehe,that hyper hopeless shopoholic Queen!!!!)
I absolutely love and hate it when I have the shopping urges. Sometimes I just want to go out and buy something! I often wonder, with everything going on the cheap and now that everyone is addicted to Cheap, how do people in the past survive with shopping for one pair of shoes a year?*One pair is madness to Girls…kill us.If you watched the new Heineken Ads on TV,awesome!!!*
Why do we consume?
We consume, buy things to add value to our lives, no? At least I think it is so for the most of us, subconsciously. We consume to better our lives or in hopes of increasing our quality of living.
So I ask myself, is shopping just therapy for something empty in my life? Am I trying to express myself by stuff I bring home? Am I expressing some sort of dissatisfaction with the way I live? Perhaps there is some problem I can't solve and therefore this new thing will do it once and for all? How about that I use whatever is in my hand to distract myself from what I should really be doing? Maybe I have no goal in my life, nothing to work towards to, so I work towards an image of myself that I think I like, for instance, carrying the latest gazebo, wearing the latest, reading the latest etc. etc. etc.
But when I look at whatever I am about to buy, does it really solve that problem that I think I need?
"Oh I need this - it is the staple to my life. I always do not have enough of this." What common utter-nonsense I hear myself say.
Maybe I've been programmed to buy when I'm bored. Do I really need to go out to buy something just because I'm bored? Do I really need to appear in some ten thousand dollar outfits? Is it true that people will think I have no clothes just because they saw me in the same outfit twice?
REALLY?
Why do people become shoppaholics?
Is it because they have no identity? Such the need to constantly change their look like Vogue magazine? Why do people talk about shopping all the time? Why do they constantly talk about their loot? Why do people think about material things all the time?
I do believe we need something fresh all the time in our lives. We have to move on, leave the old and stale and embrace newness.
Is shopping a way to cultivate a constance sense of newness and freshness?
Is shopping, and over spending of what we don't really have the cause of this credit crisis right now?Am I a victim too??
It is so interesting about how all of us, especially we who live in cosmopolitan cities where we are surrounded by beautiful man-made materials, things and gazebos. We buy gadgets to solve our problems. We consume entertainment when we are bored. We spend when we socialize. We subscribe to gyms and beauty centers for our health and beauty. We send text messages to communicate. To express ourselves, we wear nice things, do funny things to our hair, wear pretty scarves.
***Disclaimer: this is not an entry to condemn shopping or buying or spending money for I, of all people, is a enthusiast/victim/devotee of such.
I mean, if you didn't bring it? Buy it! If you don't have it, buy it! If you want to look a certain way, buy it! If you like it, buy it! The first thing that comes to our minds everything there is an imperfect situation - buy it!
Recently, in my classes of psychology, we come into “understanding what is the causes to every reason for doing things”.Probably, we should seek our inner soul for the reason why…….
But the G.S.S is here to come and pay day has juz past!!!Wheeee…..(I was writing about this shopping urge at the same time having a MSN dialogue with Nip discussing if we should meet in our dreamzzz to Paragon for a shopping spree…Hehehehe,that hyper hopeless shopoholic Queen!!!!)
I absolutely love and hate it when I have the shopping urges. Sometimes I just want to go out and buy something! I often wonder, with everything going on the cheap and now that everyone is addicted to Cheap, how do people in the past survive with shopping for one pair of shoes a year?*One pair is madness to Girls…kill us.If you watched the new Heineken Ads on TV,awesome!!!*
Why do we consume?
We consume, buy things to add value to our lives, no? At least I think it is so for the most of us, subconsciously. We consume to better our lives or in hopes of increasing our quality of living.
So I ask myself, is shopping just therapy for something empty in my life? Am I trying to express myself by stuff I bring home? Am I expressing some sort of dissatisfaction with the way I live? Perhaps there is some problem I can't solve and therefore this new thing will do it once and for all? How about that I use whatever is in my hand to distract myself from what I should really be doing? Maybe I have no goal in my life, nothing to work towards to, so I work towards an image of myself that I think I like, for instance, carrying the latest gazebo, wearing the latest, reading the latest etc. etc. etc.
But when I look at whatever I am about to buy, does it really solve that problem that I think I need?
"Oh I need this - it is the staple to my life. I always do not have enough of this." What common utter-nonsense I hear myself say.
Maybe I've been programmed to buy when I'm bored. Do I really need to go out to buy something just because I'm bored? Do I really need to appear in some ten thousand dollar outfits? Is it true that people will think I have no clothes just because they saw me in the same outfit twice?
REALLY?
Why do people become shoppaholics?
Is it because they have no identity? Such the need to constantly change their look like Vogue magazine? Why do people talk about shopping all the time? Why do they constantly talk about their loot? Why do people think about material things all the time?
I do believe we need something fresh all the time in our lives. We have to move on, leave the old and stale and embrace newness.
Is shopping a way to cultivate a constance sense of newness and freshness?
Is shopping, and over spending of what we don't really have the cause of this credit crisis right now?Am I a victim too??
It is so interesting about how all of us, especially we who live in cosmopolitan cities where we are surrounded by beautiful man-made materials, things and gazebos. We buy gadgets to solve our problems. We consume entertainment when we are bored. We spend when we socialize. We subscribe to gyms and beauty centers for our health and beauty. We send text messages to communicate. To express ourselves, we wear nice things, do funny things to our hair, wear pretty scarves.
***Disclaimer: this is not an entry to condemn shopping or buying or spending money for I, of all people, is a enthusiast/victim/devotee of such.
I mean, if you didn't bring it? Buy it! If you don't have it, buy it! If you want to look a certain way, buy it! If you like it, buy it! The first thing that comes to our minds everything there is an imperfect situation - buy it!
Recently, in my classes of psychology, we come into “understanding what is the causes to every reason for doing things”.Probably, we should seek our inner soul for the reason why…….

I have not catch the movie "Confessions Of A shopoholic but i guess it must be hilarious...i've read one of the books though.It truly is not your usual trashy chick-lit - it is a work of art.
Back to work on this cool weathered Wednesday Afternoon......
XOXOXO




No comments:
Post a Comment